Automated Data Testing
Automated Data Testing over Wired & Wireless (Bluetooth®, WiFi, 3G, 4G, LTE) Networks
Communications is dramatically changing as mobility and IP technologies such as LTE, Advanced LTE, WiMax, 3G, and Broadband Internet lead this transformation. As these technologies are rolled out, basic voice/data quality will ultimately determine the fate of carriers and end equipment manufacturers.
GL’s VQuad™ NetTest solution provides automated network data testing while supporting Mobile Devices (Android and Apple) and a PC internet connection.
Using GL’s VQuad™, both Voice and Data Quality can be analyzed simultaneously on a wireless or wired network. Since the GL VQuad™ solution is network independent, all networks are supported including 3G, 4G, WiMax, LTE, and Advanced LTE. In addition all PC based internet connections are supported including WiFi, Broadband Card (3G/4G/LTE), and Wired Ethernet.
Using GL's VQuad™ product along with a standard PC internet connection, automated tests including TCP, UDP, HTTP, VoIP, Route, FTP, DNS, SMS, UEInfo, SIMInfo, and Phone Info are supported. The PC internet connection can be wired Ethernet, WiFi, or even Broadband card (both LTE and 3G fully supported).
Also, available is the GL’s NetTest package for Data Testing on any supported Mobile Device. Supported tests can be fully automated using the VQuad™ scripting. While testing mobile devices, the VQuad™ remotely accesses the Android/Apple phone/tablet for initiating the test and retrieving the results. Both automated remote access along with manual testing is available on the mobile device using the Android/Apple downloadable apps. The Data tests can be performed while also running Voice Quality tests. In other words, if the network supports both Voice and Data simultaneously, GL’s solution can support and provide valuable information with regard to data and voice network quality.
GL’s next generation Voice and Data Testing solution along with the result generation is fully automated and can be controlled from a central system or via a WEB Browser. All test results and Mobile Device information are automatically sent to Central Database to be accessed via a simple WEB Browser/Viewer and to be displayed in WebViewer™ Network Status and Google Maps.
GL's new VQuad™ Probe is an all-in-one self-contained VQuad™ with Dual UTA test instrument. This comprehensive hardware device incorporates all the features of the current VQuad™ with Dual UTA unit such as portability and remote accessibility along with the necessary PC hardware with Windows® 7 OS. The VQuad™ probe can be controlled via Ethernet Remote Desktop (with support for mouse/keyboard) and is of same length as the current Dual UTA hardware, but about twice as high and 50% wider.
The VQuad™ NetTest for testing data within any network, either PC based or Mobile Device based, is supported within the VQuad™ Probe.
Refer to the WebViewer™ webpage for NetTest related Statistics, and Result View.
- VQT Software
- VQuad™ Probe with Dual UTA
- Testing of Mobile Radio and Wireless Device (Wi-Fi, WiMax, Bluetooth®, 3G, 4G, LTE) using Dual UTA
- Testing of VoIP/Digital phones
- GL NetTest supports both Android & Apple devices and is Network independent including support for 3G, 4G, WiMax, LTE, and Advanced LTE.
- PC Based GL NetTest solution includes support for WiFi, Broadband Card (3G/4G/LTE), and wired Ethernet.
- Fully automated VQuad™ scripting for generating a variety of Voice and Data quality tests in the LTE/3G networks or over a WiFi network
- Automated testing for PC Internet connection (Broadband 3G/4G/LTE, WiFi, Wired) and Apple/Android Mobile Devices includes TCP, UDP, HTTP, VoIP, FTP, DNS, SMS, UEInfo, SimInfo, and PhoneInfo.
- End-to-End SMS Testing over wireless network directly and remotely
- Downloadable application available for both Android and Apple devices supporting manual and automated operation
- Mobile devices communicate with Mobile Device Controller from anywhere in the world
- Data Testing supports remotely deployed GL Target Server for end-to-end testing.
- Both IOS (iPhone/iPad) and Android supported with downloadable GL app.
- Multiple interfaces connected to same VQuad™ providing simultaneous testing
- Flexibility to manage the mobile device connection with the MDC server
- All Mobile Device information is sent to the Central Database and displayed in WebViewer Network Status and Google Maps
- Setup Email Alert to automatically generate the Phone Info and Geographical location of the mobile device
- Use VQuad™ as Probe (VQT270) at remote monitoring locations. It can be controlled via Ethernet Remote Desktop (with support for mouse/keyboard).
Mobile Device Controller (MDC)
GL’s Mobile Device Controller (MDC) provides a liaison to all supported Apple/Android based mobile devices for conducting data tests. The MDC communicates to the mobile devices while accepting commands from VQuad™ and sending test results back to VQuad™. The Data Tests can be remotely started irrespective of the mobile device located in close proximity of the VQuad™ or not.
It is also possible to automate the data testing directly from the Mobile Device without VQuad™ intervention. The automated tests can also be iterated or run continuously and the results with CallID and GPS co-ordinates are sent to the WebViewer™ used for mapping.
Specifically for smart phones, the VQuad™ can fully automate the data tests to any GL app equipped phone irrespective of whether the device is on a voice call or not. Configuration settings are embedded within the *.ini file. The testing is fully automated and can be controlled from a central system or via a WEB Browser. All results are sent to the WebViewer™ Central Database via DataImport.
Mobile Device Controller (MDC) Software
Manage Devices option gives the flexibility to manage the NetTest supporting devices (with MDC app installed) connected to MDC server. Device details such as PhoneID, UUID, Device Name, Phone Number, Model type, Device settings, Device Status and the last device updates can be verified. It provides option to Delete/Accept/Reject the device connection with the MDC.
Send Email Alert
Email Alerts can be setup within MDC to automatically generate the Phone Info and Geographical location of the mobile devices. MDC generates an email alert with Phone UUID, Phone Model, Phone Number, and Phone location upon receiving a new Pending Request from a mobile device.
VQuad™ NetTest Events from PC and Mobile Devices
The PC based NetTests using VQuad™ scripting supports any internet connection currently configured on the PC including WiFi, Broadband Card (3G/4G/LTE), or wired Ethernet. The GL NetTest for mobile devices utilizes the GL MDC (Mobile Device Controller) application. VQuad™ sends commands directly to the MDC for initiating the NetTest on any connected mobile device. The mobile device will run the specified NetTest irrespective of whether the phone is on a voice call or not.
- Available tests include TCP, UDP (capacity), VoIP, Route, HTTP (web lookup), FTP, DNS, SMS, UEInfo, SimInfo, and PhoneInfo.
- Statistics and complete results are available through the WebViewer™ for both Mobile Device NetTests and PC based NetTests.
Note that the NetTest requires a GL Data Server at each target location, and the mobile device requires a GL deployed app (Apple or Android based) for operation.
VQuad™ NetTest Events Log
GL’s VQuad™ Scripting, portability for mobile drive testing, remote accessibility, analysis and centralized data retrieval are just a few attributes of GL’s next generation Voice and Data Testing solution.
- VQuad™ scripting can send commands to the MDC for initiating NetTest on any connected Mobile Device.
- Supports conditional statements along with user-defined variables.
- Near-end VQuad™ device can control the far-end VQuad™ device via a TCP/IP connection.
- Easily transfer scripts from one VQuad™ device to another.
VQuad™ Script and NetTest Type Editor
NetTest Results Display in WebViewer™
Automated NetTest results performed on wireless and wired networks supporting Mobile Devices (Android & Apple) and a PC internet connection are returned to VQuad™. The testing along with the result generation is fully automated and can be controlled from a central system or via a WEB Browser. Net Test results including TCP, UDP, Route, VoIP, HTTP, FTP, DNS, and SMS and Mobile Device Info results such as UEInfo, SimInfo, and PhoneInfo are automatically relayed to a Central Database where they are accessed via a simple WEB Browser/Viewer. The GPS co-ordinates of Mobile Devices such as Device PhoneID, Device Name and the location sent to WebViewer™ are plotted in the Google map.
WebViewer™ Google Map Plotting
Ask a question about this product?Your Name:
Enter the code in the box below: